GIF MDB creation guide
- To create a MDB, you need to activate the MDB app first.
- Go to Manage>Material Database.
- Click +Add and choose Material database from the dropdown menu.
- The newly created MDB is named Untitled material database by default
- To rename it:
- Click on the pencil icon next to Untitled material database.
- Type in its new name into the cell.
- Confirm by clicking the icon for Save next to the cell.
- Click +Add and choose Category from the dropdown menu.
- Give it a name in the cell in section one
- Select attributes from the suggesting list or click +Add new attribute to create one
- For the list, you can search by entering the names in the search bar.
- For a new attribute, you can set the format of data (i.e. text, number or date) and whether this field is required.
- Confirm by clicking Save to the upper right of the cell for name.
- Click +Add and choose Item from the dropdown menu.
- Click on the first cell and select the category in which you would like to add the new item from the dropdown list.
- Enter the information of the item according to the features stated to the left of the cells.
- Confirm by Save to the right of the cell for categories.
Items cannot be added without an existing category, nor categories be added without a material database.